Now, more than ever, it is important to partner with your child, teachers, and the school, to help your child learn and grow. PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association) members provide support not just through fundraising, but also through teacher support, fun enrichment activities that rely on volunteers, tutoring, and special events. We know families’ lives are busy, so there is no obligation to volunteer or attend meetings. Please help as little or as much as you can.
Why should I join Geiger PTSA?
1. To Benefit Your Child. In doing so, you also help our school. Research has proven that children do better when their parents are involved both at home and in school. Grades are higher, test scores rise, self-esteem grows, and schools improve.
2. To Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school! PTSA membership gives you a voice in deciding the direction of the Geiger PTSA. Only members can vote on PTSA issues and hold a PTSA office.
3. To Advocate for Every Child. When you join Geiger PTSA, you also join the Washington State PTA and national PTA to become part of a national effort to improve the education, health, and welfare of every child. Membership numbers count in a significant way when our representatives are lobbying for funding for education in the Washington State legislature or in congress.
4. To Watch Yourself Grow. If time allows you, volunteering with PTSA can be a valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause – your child and all children in the community!
5. To Speak Up. The PTSA is a forum for exchanging ideas; you are encouraged to make suggestions. PTSA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school. It’s your PTSA!
6. To Tap into a Network. Parenting is not easy – it helps to share ideas, concerns, and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTSA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport and discuss issues that are on your mind, and make new friends!
7. To Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school, you’ll be part of the solution, helping to make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events – all vital to a school’s success.
8. To Be a Role model. By becoming a PTSA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
9. Discounts! PTSA members get discounts at places like FedEx Office, Office Depot, Washington State Fair, Great Wolf Lodge, Silverwood Theme Park, Value Village, and more!